We here at Somewhatnerdy respect the hard work and talent out there that is involved in the world of cosplay. Everyone should be familiar with the lovely and talented cosplayer that we are featuring today. Her name is Cara Nicole aka AZ Powergirl. She is not only a talented cosplayer, she is a model, actress, and a colorist as well. So sit back and relax while we get to know AZ Powergirl.
1. Who are you and where are you from?
Wow, way to freak out about it like I snuck up behind you with a gun. Like I might go all psycho on you or something. You obviously know who I am or we wouldn’t be here ;) Also, I am from Krypton.
2. How did you discover cosplay?
I started with charity work. I cosplayed for 8 months before I even knew I was cosplaying or what it was.
3. Of course you are known for your wonderful Power Girl cosplay, what gave you the idea to cosplay her?
The group I was wanting to work with was a Justice League. When I went through the character options PG was kind of obvious.
4. What other comic characters have you cosplayed?
Forgive me if I miss someone…
Scarlet Witch, Movie suit Jean Grey, White Phoenix, Starr Sapphire, Dr.Fate, Harley Quinn, Binary, Flash, Jennifer Bliss (Project:Shadows), KNightingail (Knightingail), Kaeli (Knightingail), Alex/Laura/Eve (Terminal Alice), Callie (Zenescope), Black Cat, Fionna (Adventure Time),X-23, Diamond (Project:Shadows)
5. What other genres do you cosplay?
Video games, Table Top games, anything I like.
6. What is your favorite way to debut a new look?
Usually at a con with a new print.
7. Do you do other modeling besides cosplay?
Sure do. I modeled for the Emmara Tandris Magic:The Gathering card. I’m in every Walmart and Target across the country. She is on the cover of the package. I am also on some book covers by Michael Bradley.
8. What are your plans for the future?
Well, right now I’m thinking I might get some breakfast and take a shower.
9. Where can my readers see more examples of your work?