It’s Monday so that means its time for another interview with a beautiful and talented cosplayer. You may already be familiar with today’s cosplayer, her work is shown throughout the interwebs. Nerds and Nerdettes, I present to you my interview with Katybear.
1. Who are you and where are you from?
My cosplay name is Katybear. I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico originally and I have just moved to Phoenix, Arizona about 6 months ago. I am a nerd and proud of it!
2. How did you discover cosplay?
My husband actually turned me onto it, I am born on Halloween and loved to dress up. Once I found out I could combine my loves (anime, video games, comics, and dressing up). I was so excited!
3. I really love your Emma Frost cosplay. What made you choose her?
I chose her because she is a very strong character. I love the telepaths. I also like her outfit. I am planning on remaking the cape though, I’m not fond of the one I made.
4. What is your favorite comic character cosplay?
Probably Black Cat or Black Canary. I do have a new one in the works right now that I think you are going to like! Just ordered the wig for it yesterday!
5. What other genres do you cosplay?
Pretty much everything. Video games are by far my favorite, but I do anime and comics as well.
6. Do you go to conventions to show off your cosplay or do you do photo shoots only?
I do wear my cosplay to conventions. I like to do the photoshoots mainly for my fanpage, and so I can have really good pictures of the cosplay.
7. Do you do other modeling besides cosplay?
I used to but not so much anymore. I was getting too many creepy requests. I had one person ask me to do a bodypaint shoot which I would have been ok with, but they wanted me to send them naked pictures before the shoot to ” match the paint to my skintone. ” What a crock! There are lots of other creepy things, but I don’t want to write a novel about it!
8. What are your plans for the future?
I plan on making a lot of new cosplay. I want to become well know for my hard work. I really want to hone my skills and become way better than I am now.
9. Where can my readers see more examples of your work?
10. If you had to pick one cosplay, which one is your favorite?
Cammy I love playing as her, and I love her character.